Today let’s learn a new and healthy recipe – Toasted Whole Grain Berry Popcorn, which is simple to prepare.
Any idea on how to do this? It’s also one of the popular snacks during movie times. Yes, it’s our favourite popcorn. But let’s add a twist to it in order to make it not only a great snack but also a healthy.
Toasted Whole Grain Berry Popcorn Recipe
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get ready to make this healthy and yummy recipe to enjoy a movie marathon…
- 10 cups plain popcorn, popped
- 2 cups barley flakes
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 2 tsp ground ginger or cardamom
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250˚F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Mix popcorn, barley flakes, oat bran, and wheat germ in a large bowl.
- Mix honey, oil, spices, vanilla, and salt in a glass measuring cup until well blended. Pour over popcorn mixture evenly; toss to coat.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet in an even layer so that the sheet is covered properly. Bake about 40 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally so as not to result in uneven frying.
- Stir in blueberries and cranberries or any other of your choice. Now let them cool completely; store in an airtight container.
- Ready to serve.
How many people can be served?
- 16- 3/4 cup servings
Nutritional Value (per serving)
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
If you want more such awesome recipes or have further questions about this or need any help related to health and fitness, feel free to contact me or you can post it on my Facebook Page.
Check out more healthy recipes from FitMonk!
Have you tried the Toasted Whole Grain Berry Popcorn recipe yet? We’d love to hear form you. kindly leave your comments below as it inspires and motivates us to produce more content.
To your health and fitness,
Ravi Kumar G.